Sunday, July 20, 2014

I miss you. Could I have missed you?

I've seen you before,
and noticed something already then.
I knew not what it was to be certain,
yet I recall the feeling clear.
I was struck,
went to heaven and back.
My heart leapt, 
that memory kept.

But I had my quest
with the treasure I sought.
Within a battle
with honor, fought as ought.
Wounded in the end, 
I had it nowhere to be found, 

Or might I have found it,
was simply unaware of it?
Too naive to know
what a precious gem one really is?
From the empty rubble came an epiphany
and an omen pointing towards you.

Come to think of it,
it was always special with you.
How things could feel so new 
and emotions be so raw.
How imperfections highlight what is beautiful.
And the beautiful makes one lost in admiration.

To feel this rich and lucky in your presence-
could you be...?

The one I care for now,
I know not how you feel.
The person I value so much,
do you see me not?
My friend, my dear,
may I stand a chance?

I've seen you again,
and noticed something different.
I know it's love,
the feeling is clear.
I am struck.
That without you now, the world seems black.
My heart is beating, longing, hoping,
for dreams to now come alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment